Modesto Asphalt Shingle Repair & Replacement
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material used in Modesto, CA and throughout the U.S. They’re an affordable option that has a decent lifespan and looks great. Asphalt shingles have also come a long way since the much older versions and offer you a great balance of price and quality. At Roofing Modesto, we install all types of asphalt shingles including 3-tab, organic, architectural, and fiberglass. For a free quote, reach out to us today.
Installing Asphalt Shingle Roofing
The first thing you want to do is to have a professional come to your house and measure the square footage. This will tell you how much product you need to order. From there, you can start looking into the different options and find something within your price range.
Shingles come in several design styles including the common three-tab strip shingle and textured laminated architectural shingles to name a few. Strip shingles are longer strips that look like rectangles. They’re common in the Central Valley and a very affordable option for basic roofing systems.
Laminated architectural shingles are a higher-end shingle that has multiple layers of tabs that create a textured appearance. There is also a variation called a luxury shingle which is thicker and mimics the appearance of wood or slate. There are lots of options so we won’t go into those here. But if you want an estimate and you want to know more about the options, give us a call and we’re happy to help you.
Once we have the materials, we install shingles by first removing the old roofing materials. Then we put an aluminum drip edge and an underlay such as felt paper to prevent water damage. Then, we put lines in place to ensure your shingles are laid perfectly symmetrically and get to work on the installation.
Pros & Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability – Asphalt shingles are the most affordable option for roofing
- Durability – They can last anywhere from 12-20 years
- Appearance – They look good and there are lots of options to choose from
- Lifespan – When compared to a metal or tile roof, the lifespan of shingles are much shorter
- Installation – It can take a little longer to install
- Elements – Asphalt shingles can be more vulnerable to wind lifting them up
- Cracks – Shingles are lightweight and can form cracks over time which make your roof more vulnerable to leaks
Call The Professionals
When you need a new asphalt roof, roof repair, or anything else for your roof in Modesto, CA, reach out to the professionals at Roofing Modesto. We have the team, tools, and expertise to get the job done on time and on budget. Give us a call today for a free quote.